Help Desk -
9717405332, 9599714297, 9810335381
Email
Password

Copper Fox Metals announces Schaft Creek update

Mining News - Published on Thu, 18 Apr 2019

Image Source: NaFinance
Copper Fox Metals Inc has provided its shareholders an update on the work completed by the Schaft Creek Joint Venture for the Schaft Creek copper-gold-molybdenum project located in northwestern British Columbia. The Schaft Creek project is managed through the SCJV. Teck Resources Limited is the Operator of the SCJV and holds a 75% interest with Copper Fox holding the remaining 25%. Elmer B Stewart, President and CEO of Copper Fox, said "Copper Fox is pleased with the methodical advance and assessment of value opportunities from 2018 that have informed the 2019 program. Now that the sizing and infrastructure alternatives study initiated in 2018 has been completed with positive preliminary results, more in-depth study work is expected to confirm the potential capital and operating cost improvements. The collection of additional baseline environmental data and ongoing work with the Tahltan Nation is also planned."

Highlights

•The sizing and infrastructure alternatives study initiated in 2018 was completed with positive results and a more in-depth conceptual study has been initiated.

•The SCJV has agreed to further evaluate the identified engineering improvements options to reduce capital and operating costs assuming a 130 ktpd (same as the 2013 feasibility study) throughput case.

• In addition to the planned field studies, a review of the site characteristics of potential revisions to key infrastructure elements, e.g., tailing storage, conveyance systems, ore and waste transport options, and mill location, will take place in 2019 on the basis of a 130 ktpd throughput case.

Source :

Posted By : Rabi Wangkhem on Thu, 18 Apr 2019
Related News from Mining segment