Help Desk -
9717405332, 9599714297, 9810335381
Email
Password

Titagarh Wagons Wins Order for Pune Metro Rail Project

Metal News - Published on Mon, 19 Aug 2019

Image Source: DNA India
The Consortium formed by Titagarh Wagons Limited with its wholly owned subsidiary: Titagarh Firema SpA has emerged as the lowest bidder in the tender issued by Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited for 'Design, Manufacture, Supply, Testing, Commissioning Of Passenger Rolling Stock (Electrical Multiple Units) And Training Of Personnel' for Pune Metro Rail Project. The joint bidding by the Consortium consisting of the Company as Lead Member along with it's wholly owned subsidiary was made in the said tender for design, manufacture and supply of 102 Metro Coaches for Pune Metro Rail.

As per the tender documents first 3 Car Prototype Metro Trainset is required to be supplied in 78 weeks and the balance 33 train sets in several phases over 160 weeks.

The order valued at approximately INR 1125 crore is likely to be issued in the next few days and more details would be intimated by the Company upon receipt of the formal order.

Titagarh Fireman, a subsidiary of an Indian firm, on Saturday won the international bid to supply 102, ultra-modern, state-of-the-art aluminium bodied coaches, to the Pune Metro. According to the agreement, 25% of the coaches will be manufactured at their plant in Italy and the remaining 75% will be produced and commissioned at Maha Coach Manufacturing Plant in Nagpur.

This will be the first time that aluminium-bodied coaches will be manufactured in India. Aluminium body coaches are lighter, more energy efficient and have better aesthetics. Manufacturing these next generation coaches will be a gamechanger for India metros, Pune Metro said in a statement.

The Metro said in a statement that “Initially, trains in Pune metro will be of three coaches, which will be subsequently converted into six coaches as per traffic requirement. These coaches will be fully air-conditioned with humidity control provided with digital route and station display and international standard interiors. They will have 100 per cent CCTV coverage as well as an emergency/panic button to ensure safety of passengers. Passengers will be able to speak to train operator on board as well as to emergency control at OCC if required.”

Source :

Posted By : Ratan Singh on Mon, 19 Aug 2019
Related News from Metal segment