Help Desk -
9717405332, 9599714297, 9810335381
Email
Password

Coal exports from Gladstone surge in April

Coal News - Published on Wed, 08 May 2019

Image Source: google.com
Platts reported that Australia’s exports of coal to China from the Port of Gladstone jumped in April, and helped lift the port’s total volumes to a three-month high. The Queensland-based port exported 1.44 million tonnes of coal to China during the month, the highest monthly total in 10 months. It was more than five times the 261,000 tonnes seen in April last year and almost triple the 527,000 tonnes seen in March. This helped propel Gladstone’s total coal exports to a three-month high of 6.20 million tonnes, up 36% on year and 2% on month

Volumes to Gladstone’s two largest destinations for coal, India and Japan, were also at multi-month highs. India was shipped 1.71 million tonnes from Gladstone in April, which was a five-month high. It was up 66% year on year and 2% month on month. Gladstone exports to Japan were at a five-month high of 1.60 million tonnes, but down 7% year on year. Gladstone’s exports to South Korea stood at 782,000 tonnes during the month, down 11% year on year and 47% month on month. Meanwhile, volumes to Taiwan were 230,000 tonnes, up 32% year on year and 31% from March, the data showed. The other countries to receive coal from Gladstone in April were Indonesia (121,693 tonnes), Netherlands (79,682 tonnes), Brazil (74,473 tonnes), Malaysia (75,010 tonnes) and Singapore (74,480 tonnes)

About 70% of the coal exported from Gladstone is metallurgical with the remaining 30% being thermal

Source :

Posted By : Mohan Sharma on Wed, 08 May 2019
Related News from Coal segment