Help Desk -
9958816305, 9810335381
Email
Password

NPD Grants Drilling Permit for well 16/1-33 S in PL 780 to Spirit Energy Norway

Gasoil News - Published on Wed, 24 Jun 2020

Image Source: NPD Spirit Energy Norway
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Spirit Energy Norway AS a drilling permit for well 16/1-33 S, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations. Well 16/1-33 S will be drilled from the Leiv Eiriksson drilling facility in position 58°58'42.96"N and 2°10'30.82"E. The drilling program for well 16/1-33 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 780. Spirit Energy Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Aker BP ASA with 40 per cent. The area in this licence consists of part of block 16/1. The well will be drilled about 5 kilometres north of the Ivar Aasen field in the central part of the North Sea, and 205 kilometres west of Stavanger.

Production licence 780 was awarded on 6 February 2015 in APA 2014 on the Norwegian shelf.

This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence. The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Source :

Posted By : Yogender Pancholi on Wed, 24 Jun 2020
Related News from Gasoil segment