Help Desk -
9958816305, 9810335381
Email
Password

NPD Grants Drilling Permit to ConocoPhillips

Gasoil News - Published on Thu, 15 Oct 2020

Image Source: NPD ConocoPhillips
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS a drilling permit for well 6507/5-10 S, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations. Well 6507/5-10 S will be drilled from the Leiv Eiriksson drilling facility in position 65 31 21.70"N and 07 29 21.91E after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 6507/4-1 for ConocoPhillips in production licence 1009. The drilling programme for well 6507/5-10 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 891. ConocoPhillips is the operator with an ownership interest of 80 per cent. The other licensee is Pandion Energy AS (20 per cent).

The area in this licence consists of parts of blocks 6507/5, 6 and 8. The well will be drilled about 15 kilometres north of Heidrun.

Production licence 891 was awarded on 10 February 2017 (APA 2016). This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence. The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity starts.

Source :

Posted By : Yogender Pancholi on Thu, 15 Oct 2020
Related News from Gasoil segment