Help Desk -
9958816305, 9810335381

Bridgnorth Aluminium Reports Strong Performance in 2018

Metal News - Published on Tue, 03 Dec 2019

Image Source:
UK based aluminium manufacturer Bridgnorth Aluminium has reported a turnover of GBP 254.6 million for the 12 months to 31 December 2018, up from GBP 196.2 million in 2017. Its pre-tax profits also increased from GBP 4 million to GBP 9.2million. It said "In 2018 the demand conditions in the aluminium flat rolled products industry were generally good, with market growth of above 3 per cent in both Europe and North America. 2018 was also a year of considerable political influence on the industry which the company had to contend with. Despite the above, the company was able to increase total sales volumes by 18 per cent and established a new record.”

He added "Further to the capital expenditure program carried out in previous years, the company was able to gain market share in the lithographic segment. Sales volumes to the foil packaging industry were reduced, partly due to bad debt experiences in the previous year. New customer relationships were started in the US."

The company is 75 per cent owned by Viohalco SA, which is registered in Belgium while the other 25 per cent is owned by Japan-based UACJ Corporation.

Source :

Posted By : Rabi Wangkhem on Tue, 03 Dec 2019
Related News from Metal segment