Help Desk -
9958816305, 9810335381

German passenger car market expands in 2019

Auto News - Published on Fri, 10 Jan 2020

Image Source: Car Sales Germany
VDA announced that in 2019 the German passenger car market grew by 5 percent to a total of 3.6 million new registrations. The last time the market recorded a greater annual volume was in 2009 (3.8 million cars).

In December 2019, new registrations in Germany came to 283,300 passenger cars, which was 20 percent up on the previous year. However, it should be remembered that December had one more working day in 2019 than it did in 2018. Orders arriving from Germany in December showed a year-on-year rise of nearly 8 percent, and over the entire year 6 percent more domestic orders were received. Orders from abroad were also up by 8 percent in December, but over the past year as a whole they lost nearly 2 percent. Production and exports fell owing to the weaker demand around the world. The German passenger car manufacturers built 276,400 vehicles in December (-7 percent). The total number in 2019 came to almost 4.7 million cars (-9 percent). The OEMs exported 213,400 cars from Germany in December (-14 percent). During the entire last year nearly 3.5 million passenger cars were supplied to customers all over the world (-13 percent).

Passenger carsDecember 2019YoY2019YoY
New registrations283,300203,607,2005
German makes incl. group makes187,700122,535,0005
Foreign makes95,600371,072,2005

Source: VDA/KBA

Source :

Posted By : Arun Huidrom on Fri, 10 Jan 2020
Related News from Auto segment