Help Desk -
9958816305, 9810335381
Email
Password

ArcelorMittal Italia to Shut Down Ilva Blast Furnaces

Steel News - Published on Mon, 18 Nov 2019

Image Source: steelguru.com
ArcelorMittal Italia will place all blast furnaces at the former Ilva steelworks in Taranto on standby mode by January 15, 2020, as it moves to shut down all production at the site. BF2 will stop operating on December 12, BF4 on December 30, and BF1 on January 15, while the Strip Mill 2 will be closed between November 26 and 28. BF3 and BF5 are not currently operational.

ArcelorMittal Italia CEO Mr Lucia Morselli has informed the unions of the blast furnace shutdown plan. Italy’s FIM-CISL union said that ArcelorMittal has confirmed it would hand over the troubled Ilva steel plant to state-appointed administrators on December 4 and had already begun winding down operations. FIM-CISL secretary general Marco Bentivogli said “The latest statement from ArcelorMittal today confirms what the union has said for weeks. It is clear that if the Ilva special administration does not take on all staff quickly on December 4, the situation will become even more serious.”

ArcelorMittal Italia also denied local press reports that it may remain as the site's operator until May 2020.

Source :

Posted By : Rabi Wangkhem on Mon, 18 Nov 2019
Related News from Steel segment